The base is the fundamental element in all makeup, but many times when applied we do not get the expected results, on the contrary, we look artificial or with spots on the face.
Learn how to apply it correctly in 5 easy steps!
The foundation should never be absent from your makeup routine as it serves for:
- Cover imperfections such as acne, expression lines or redness, among others.
- Match skin tone when there are blemishes.
- Achieve a more homogeneous skin.
- Give luminosity to the face.
There is currently a wide variety of presentations on the market: cream, fluid, mousse, bar or compact. In addition, there is one for each type of skin: dry, normal, mixed or oily. Choose the one that best suits your needs.
How to apply the foundation
- Hydrates the skin: use a moisturizing cream according to your skin. Apply with gentle movements and wait for the skin to absorb.
- Choose the right base tone: this is one of the most important steps to make the base look natural. Try it on your face and choose the one that most resembles your skin.
- Apply the base: use the instrument of your choice, either with your fingers, brush or a sponge. Spread it all over your face with a few touches and blend to give a natural finish. Avoid dragging the product.
- Apply the concealer: it must be the same tone of your skin. Use it in areas where you want to blur or correct, such as the eye contour and eyelids. Apply and blend with your fingertips.
- Tint: apply translucent powder of your skin tone and then make corrections with a darker powder in the cheekbone area to create the oval face effect.
- Remember that in all of these steps you must perform gentle movements and touches to avoid ill-treating the face and produce redness and expression lines in the long term.
I hope you will put these simple tips into practice and have found them useful. See you in another post.